Every child is unique, so it’s not unusual that children’s development can vary or that some children don’t “bounce back” after an injury. For some parents, they can feel overwhelmed when they are given an early diagnosis for their child, like Low Tone, Cerebral Palsy or Muscular Dystrophy. Other parents simply “notice” that their child isn’t playing or walking like their peers. Perhaps “worry” began at birth and has left parents wondering if their child will be able to lead a healthy active life.
Parents are their children’s number one advocate and cheerleader; they want access to the best available resources and healthcare providers. With today’s busy schedules and information overload, some families may not know where to start. Some are left feeling like “a number” in the system whereas many others are waiting in the cue for the same initial guidance.
Physiotherapy for Kids Supports:
Guelph Women’s Health Associates (GWHA) and Eramosa Physiotherapy Associates (EPA) have been leaders in the physiotherapy industry for decades. “EPA for KIDS” puts children and families first! Our Registered Physiotherapists are passionate about working directly with families and children to give them the tools they need to work towards their unique goals.
Our Pediatric Physiotherapy treatment is collaborative and fun for KIDS. We encourage families to be involved in setting treatment goals and strategies. We understand that parents truly do know their children best and we work together to formulate a plan that fits your child’s needs and your lifestyle.
Our Pediatric Physiotherapy Approach:
EPA for KIDS offers a “Dynamic Core” or “Central Stability” approach. Our Physiotherapists emphasize early intervention to address developmental delays or movement challenges. Early detection and treatment can significantly impact a child’s progress, enhancing their ability to reach developmental milestones, such as crawling, walking, and other crucial motor skills. GWHA uniquely has an extensive, respected history in our communities, allowing us to connect you with many other key resources that may include: Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Medical Doctors and more. At some sites, these resources may be conveniently available at our clinic sites.
EPA for KIDS is just the beginning of your family becoming part of our GWHA family. Our services are available across all ages and journeys in life; ensuring ease of transition as your children grow and their needs change.
Our GWHA clinic is conveniently located in South Guelph and keeps today’s busy family schedules in mind. Our professional friendly team will welcome you to the clinic and support your family.
- Early morning and evening appointment times
- Free and convenient parking
- Online appointment scheduling
- Providing direct insurance options
- Collaboration with other community supports and partner
EPA for KIDS Provides Pediatric Physiotherapy Support for:
- Growing Pains, Knee pain (Osgoode Schlatter’s), Patellofemoral pain, Jumpers Knee, Heel/Foot pain (Sever’s Disease), Hip Pain (Legg Calve Perthes Disease, Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis)
- Urinary and Fecal incontinence, Bedwetting, Toilet Training, Constipation
- Low Tone, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy and more.
Delayed Gross Motor Milestones:
- Concerns with 0-3 years old milestones like delayed head control, rolling, sitting, crawling and walking
- Torticollis, Well Baby Check Ins, difficulty with feeding, avoiding laying/playing/gazing in one direction, head shape changes (Plagiocephaly), milestone screening
Developmental Coordination Disorder:
- Challenges in age-appropriate activities (using a scooter, riding a bike, running)
- Concussions, Coordination/Body Awareness, Return to Sport Considerations and more.
- Toe Walking (toes in or out), “W” sitting, poor coordination and more.